Guest Post: Lime-Coconut Cupcakes

Jamie and I have been friends for a long time, and as far as I’m concerned, she’s an artist. The cupcake may be her canvas of choice, frosting her paint, but she knocks it out of the park with every creation. I’m so grateful to her for offering to cover B&B while I’m away. She’s one in a million. -Amber

Hey, Bluebonnets & Brownies readers, I’m going to fill in for Amber today while she is spending time with her family.

If you read My Baking Addiction, you may already know that I am a bit of a cupcake maniac. In my opinion, they are pretty much dessert perfection. Not only are the flavor combinations infinite, but they’re also kind of grab and go, which is always a plus when you’re entertaining a crowd. And that mound of frosting – oh yeah, I love me some frosting.

After purchasing a ginormous bag of limes from Costco and having no where to store them, I had a bit of buyer’s remorse. While normal people regret buying shoes, watches and fancy bed linens, I regret buying limes. Maybe I shouldn’t admit that out loud – kind of pathetic, right?

After trying to shove the limes in several places without success, I decided to toss them on the counter in a basket and claim they were summer counter decor. They looked quite lovely for about a day and then started to look a little homely, so I decided to go on a little lime baking binge and these Lime-Coconut Cupcakes were one the creations.

The cake recipe is adapted from Ina Garten and ranks as one of my top five favorite cupcake recipes ever. It’s light, flavorful and perfectly coconut-y. Slather on some lime infused cream cheese frosting and a sprinkling toasted coconut and you’ll pretty much have the perfect summer dessert.

[author-box-2]

Comments

I love the lime and coconut flavor combo, so these will have to be a must-try for me…thank you for sharing them!!

2. sarah says

Oh these cupcakes must be so lovely and exotic and summery! I wish there’s a picture or two though, =)

I’m like you, I spot a bag of limes and I’m tempted to buy them (especially if it’s a deal). Then I get them home…and what to do with them? Often, like you, they land up mostly being table decor (which actually isn’t so bad).

These lime coconut cupcakes are beautiful and so tempting with the summer weather right now. Perfect summer treat! Thanks!

Jamie and Amber, these look so awesome! I want to try these! The icing look like little pillows of yummieness on top of the cupcakes. :)

I for one am glad that you went on a lime-buying binge, because now we have these fabulous cupcakes to enjoy! And yes I’m blaming you for getting that stuck in my head. ;-)

I have been singing it all day! It’s starting to drive me a little nuts, especially since I know like 2 lines of the entire song.

6. Carin says

Looks delicious! But now you need to give us a recipe to use up all the lime juice that we have after zesting the limes :)

I absolutely ADORE the lime/coconut combo. Why I never thought to combine them in cupcake form is beyond me.

Obviously, I am not as smart as I think I am.

When I first started baking, Ina’s coconut cupcakes were the first “from scratch” cupcake I made and I absolutely loved them, so I can’t wait to try them with the hint of lime.

These look absolutely beautiful (better than Ina’s!)

9. Lisa says

These were the best cupcakes I have ever made! Delicious!! Thank you for posting this!